We had an enjoyable quiz night at St Michaels Church hall on Friday 23rd. Just four teams entered but the competition was fierce! 50 questions and a picture round kept us all guessing for a couple of hours. We raised £20 for association funds and had a great time,
why not join us for the next one later in June?
Wednesday, 14 April 2010
- The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting
- The minutes of the previous meeting were recorded as being correct
- Brian confirmed he had spoken to one of the owners of the land at the bottom corner of Little Lane about the accumulating rubbish on the site.
- The continuing problem of Watts Lane was discussed, the road is deteriorating rapidly due to the amount of traffic that is using the road. The road remains unadopted by the council and due to the restricted width of the road will probably remain that way. Unfortunately it seems that decisions made some time ago have created the problem which now seems difficult to resolve.
- Comments were made about the safety of the recently cleared land at Brown's garage, a manhole cover was reported as being missing. it was agreed that the committee would bring it to the attention of those responsible.
- Brian confirmed he had made contact with John Dyson from ELDC with regard to street cleaning on Little Lane. A provisional date of the 21st March has been set.
- Fly tipping on the alley way between Mount Pleasant and the new estate is becoming an issue. The matter has been referred to the Police and ELDC.
- There is to be a quiz night on the 19th March at the Church Hall
- Brian suggested running a weekly bonus ball draw to raise funds for association events all agreed this was a good idea.
- James suggested that a blog site could be a good way to reach those resident's that are unable to make meetings and help with communication within the neighbourhood, everyone agreed to this.
Meeting closed 8.50pm : next meeting Wednesday 14th April .