Monday, 16 January 2012
Just to confirm that Dave Skepper from Stagecoach will be attending our meeting on the 8th February to listen to residents concerns about the change to the bus route.
**Please note this meeting will start at 7.00pm**
I'm also hoping that a representative from the police and the highways dept will also be able to attend
Minutes of last meeting 14th December 2011
Meeting attendees : Brian Shaw, Eileen Howard, Cllr Sarah Dodds, Cllr John Hough, Gary & Di Dray, Paul Hurton, James Pocklington.
Apologies: Sandie Trafford, Sylvia Scott, Dave Heal, Eric Howard.
Minutes from the 9th November 2011 read and approved.
· The damaged Watts lane sign has been reported to ELDC, hopefully it will be replaced soon, James agreed to speak to agents for the site to see if the remaining bit of wall that holds the sign can be removed before it falls down..
· James reported that he had spoken to the manager at Amvale who asked for the reg number of the bus that parks for extended periods on Newmarket, Brian agreed to take a note next time he saw it.
· Sarah requested more first hand information on the lack of street cleaning on Bramley Close.
· James handed round a “Dog watch” flyer which is an initiative launched by ELDC to recruit local volunteers to help control Dog related offences. Brian agreed to consider applying.
· James also reported that he had a copy of an email from the Stagecoach bus company who are suggesting changing the town centre route to avoid travelling west along Mercer row. The meeting concluded that this would put additional strain on Church St which is already a road under stress.
Gary agreed to leaflet drop residents along Church St , voicing the associations concerns about the plan and canvas support for a community response to the proposal. James agreed to organise a press release to highlight the concerns of local residents. Sarah agreed to contact the operations manager to arrange a meeting. The meeting concluded that the problem created by inconsiderate and illegal parking on Queen St and Mercer row should not passed onto the residents of Church St.
· There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.30pm.