Welcome to the blogsite for the Pleasant Residents Association

The Pleasant Residents' Association was formed a number of years ago to act as a focal point for all Residents in the Mount Pleasant, Mount Pleasant Avenue, Little Lane,Robinson Lane estate and Watts Lane area.

Currently the association has suspended it's activities due to lack of volunteers to stand for committee.

Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Buses to be redirected up Church St
At the recent meeting of the residents association the proposed redirection of outgoing Stagecoach buses on routes 9b, 10 & 51 were discussed. The feeling from residents present was that this would create extra stress on an already congested road, particularly at the entry to Mount Pleasant where the road narrows and at the Newmarket junction.
The reasoning behind this move is due entirely to congestion on the existing route along Queen St and Mercer Row, the majority of which is created by illegal parking.
We are hoping to arrange a meeting with the operators of Stagecoach to discuss this proposal.      If you would like to attend the meeting or register your  views on this matter please contact :
James Pocklington at 23 Little Lane, Louth 607252 or by email  plezrez@fastmail.fm    

Here is the text from the Stagecoach proposal. click on text to expand.


Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Minutes of October meeting

Minutes of last meeting 14th October 2011
 Meeting attendees : Brian Shaw, Eileen & Eric Howard, Betty Pinfold, David Heal, Sarah Dodds, Brenda Nutt, James Pocklington.
 Apologies: Gary &; Di Dray, Carol Leslie.
Minutes from the 14th September 2011 read and approved.
 Matters arising: •James confirmed Watts Lane is ELDC responsibility, Cllr Dodds agreed to flag the problem with the relevant officer.
 •There was a brief discussion about planters being installed on the Londis shop front to improve safety by preventing cars parking.
 •It was also reported that the school buses that park on Newmarket near the bus stop for extended periods are creating a hazard for other road users.
 •Councillor Dodds agreed to invite the Dog warden for November 9th meeting. •Brian agreed to check if the salt/grit bins would be installed before winter arrives.
 •There was a further discussion about the dangerous use of the access between Watts lane and Robinson’s lane estate. Cllr Dodds to investigate ongoing complaints. It was suggested to increase the number of security posts to reduce the speed of motorcyclists.
 • Brian announced that the Pantomime trip would be on the 14th January at 2.30pm.
 • James agreed to update the meeting flyers for the next six months, Brian to arrange the printing.
 • There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.45pm.