Welcome to the blogsite for the Pleasant Residents Association

The Pleasant Residents' Association was formed a number of years ago to act as a focal point for all Residents in the Mount Pleasant, Mount Pleasant Avenue, Little Lane,Robinson Lane estate and Watts Lane area.

Currently the association has suspended it's activities due to lack of volunteers to stand for committee.

Thursday, 11 November 2010

Minutes of meeting 13th October 2010

St Michael’s Church Hall

Apologies: Kim, Carol, John Hough

Attendance: Brenda Nutt, Rosie Leak, Sylvia Scott, Joanna Green, John & Andrea Prior, Sandy Trafford, Keith Dunham, David Heal, Brian Shaw, Ron Stephenson, Eileen & Eric Howard, Judy Purves.

· There was a short discussion on the possible speed check to be taken on Little Lane by the Highways dept. There were mixed opinions on the usefulness of the exercise, although it was agreed that a 20mph limit would help to reduce speeding.

· James explained that there was to be a site visit sometime in November to determine the future of the outstanding planning application on 35 Mount Pleasant.

· The crossing of Monks Dyke Rd at the bottom of Little Lane was discussed briefly. The dangers of crossing such a wide and busy road were highlighted.

· It was noted that the vacant building plot at the bottom of Little Lane had been tidied up successfully, thanks to Brian for contacting the responsible parties.

· James agreed to invite Sue Locking to the next meeting in her capacity as Town Councillor for the Priory Ward.

· Dave Heal raised the issued of disabled access in Louth stores and that he had been in touch with Mark Barnes the town centre manager over the matter.

· The new lights to the park at the end of Watts Lane were still not working, Eileen reported.

· James agreed to invite our PCSO to the next meeting for discussions around the concerns about vandalism and litter in the Watts Lane area.

· The grass had been cut outside No.61 Mt Pleasant, at least once so far.

· The lights were now back on, on Mount Pleasant, thought there were concerns that it may not be a permanent fix, as they had been off four times in the 2 years since their installation.

· Brian announced that there were 25 children and 4 adult tickets booked for the pantomime in January, Judy and John Prior raised the issue of CRB checks for the adults concerned, Brian agreed to look into the matter.

· Judy expressed her disappointment that the application for Lidl on the industrial estate had been turned down by the district council. A lively discussion ensued on the pros and cons of the decision.

· Sylvia had had stones thrown into her garden from the direction of Monks Dyke school. She explained to the meeting that after discussions with the Head teacher this matter was being dealt with, but if there was to be another incident she would involve the police.

Meeting finished 8.50pm Next meeting 10th November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment