Minutes of meeting 11th May 2011
Special guest : Patrick Purves presented a very enjoyable history to the bagpipe. Using his own collection of bagpipes Patrick introduced each type of instrument and explained the development of the bagpipe over the centuries. Patrick showed us the tiny reed that sits in the bagpipe chanter, the hall then resounded to the remarkable sounds of the pipes as Patrick played each instrument in turn, amazing how something so small as a reed can make such a loud noise! Thanks to Patrick for a very enjoyable talk and demonstration.
Apologies: Carol Leslie, John Prior, Gary Dray, Sarah Dodds
· Eileen mentioned that there had been a problem with discarded hedge cuttings in Watts Lane, but that eventually they had been cleared away.
· The “Meet the Candidate” evening which enabled residents to meet the prospective election candidates was reported as being a success by those that attended.
· The meeting agreed that it would be useful for the dog warden to attend a subsequent meeting to discuss residents’ concerns with increasing amounts of uncollected dog waste.
· There were concerns about the continuing use of the Robinson’s Lane/Watts lane footpath being used by motorcyclists.
· The issue was raised with regard to the salt bins promised by the town council, it was agreed that these bins needed to be in situ well before the time they would be needed. There was also a brief discussion on the need for the authorities to have a timely approach to gritting Little Lane before the next winter.
· Brenda Nutt expressed concern over the lack of a regular bus route out of Louth up Church Street and that the absence of such an amenity resulted in her using her car more times than need be.
Meeting closed at 8.45pm