Here are the minutes from the last two meetings.
Minutes of last meeting 10th August 2011
Meeting attendees : Brian Shaw, Di Dray, Brenda Nutt, Sylvia Scott, Eileen & Eric Howard, Sandra Trafford, Betty Pinfold, David Heal, James Pocklington
Apologies: Gary Dray, Cllr Sarah Dodds, Cllr John Hough, John and Chris Scott.
Minutes from the 13th July 2011 read and approved.
• Both Dave and Eileen reported that they had prompt replies to the first contact forms that they recently submitted. If residents would like more forms they are available from Brian and theTrinity Centre.
• Dave mentioned that a motor scooter was recklessly using the access to Watts lane from Robinson’s Lane. Brian recommended that the Reg. Number be reported to the police.
• It was reported that the wall which holds the Watts Lane sign at the Newmarket end was becoming a hazard and may collapse.
• The forthcoming visit to Rushmore Country Park was discussed, it was agreed to take up to 40 residents. Brian had arranged coach transport for those that needed it.
• Brian reported that the last quiz night was well attended and enjoyed by all.
• A further request was made for a visit from the Dog warden.
• Brenda expressed her frustration that the overhanging hedges next to her house were not being trimmed by the owner and were making access difficult.
• Brian asked if the salt bin request for Little Lane had got any further with the Town Council, James agreed to find out.
• There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.25pm.
Minutes of last meeting 13th July 2011
Special Guest: Gary Brown MBE introduced the First Contact scheme recently created by Age Concern UK. Gary explained that it was a “one form” system that helps some of the most vulnerable and needy in our society to access the benefits they are entitled to. Gary left a number of First contact forms and urged all those present to fill in the form, either for themselves or for someone else, to try the system out
Meeting attendees :Brian Shaw, Di Dray, Brenda Nutt, Eileen & Eric Howard, Judith Hall, John Prior, Sylvia Scott, Cllr John Hough, Betty Pinfold, David Heal, James Pocklington
Apologies: Gary Dray, Cllr Sarah Dodds.
Minutes from the 8th June 2011 read and approved.
• Judith mentioned that the Sainsbury’s application had been rejected, Cllr Hough explained that the Highways dept had not supported the application for various reasons relating to access and current traffic problems at that location. The application had yet to go to the planning committee but that it would be surprising for the committee to go against Highways advice and support the application. Cllr Hough explained that the consultation process was still ongoing.
• Judith congratulated Cllr Dodds in her absence for the excellent letter that she had submitted to the committee, James agreed to post a copy of it on the blog.
• Brian announced that we were aiming to use association funds to organise a community outing to Rushmoor Country Park in the near future for local residents of all ages, more details at the next meeting.
• It was noted that there was still significant activity at the address on Mount Pleasant which was subject to a Police drugs raid recently. Residents were encouraged to provide the Police with relevant information on any suspicious activity.
• Cllr Hough reported that the County council were looking to consult with the public on the proposal to decriminalise car parking offences. Cllr Hough suggested that this would be a good opportunity for local residents to request designated resident parking spaces on Little Lane and Mount Pleasant if this was thought to be desirable.
• There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.45pm.