Pleasant Residents Association
Minutes of meeting 12th February 2014
Present: John Prior, Dave Heal, James Pocklington, Brian Shaw, Sylvia Scott, John Hough,Sarah Dodds and Patrick Purves.
Apologies: Brenda Nutt, Gary Dray, Di Dray
· Minutes of the last meeting read and agreed
· Arising – We had had a reply from Lincolnshire County Council about Watts Lane. The letter asserted that the authority had no power to put speed limitations on highway, which was obvious nonsense. Patrick was to respond in strong terms.
· The Association agreed to put signs at the ends of Watts Lane along the lines of “Residents and authorised vehicles only – number plate monitoring in place”. Later in the year we would need volunteers to monitor number plates and photograph and report offenders.
· Buses –Sarah reported she had a meeting on Monday of the bus Round Table and would feed back information at the next meeting. John had seen a bus on Mercer Row. A precedent had been set, granted that the bus struggled to get past a loading bay.
· The AGM was agreed for the April meeting
· Dave mentioned Little Lane was filthy, with litter and rubbish. A new dog owner was also allowing a dog to foul the pavements. Sarah suggested contacting the District Council about the rubbish and the one Dog Warden we have.
· Dave also mentioned Little Lane being resurfaced, and the impact on traffic flow. This was discussed.
· Sylvia raised the topic of plastic recycling. The Council guidance was contradictory and misleading (“The Messenger”).
· Brian mentioned a number of items.
A) we should revive the children’s Christmas party. Sarah suggested a summer one as well.
B) we should encourage bulk buying of electricity and gas. Sarah mentioned that if anyone could not join onlne she could help. It was agreed it was not for everyone.
C) Re a neighbour struggling to get a UK work permit. John suggested contacting our MP.
D) The Police HQ response to a neighbour’s consternation and upset following a tragic death on Mount Pleasant. This had been dismissive and cavalier. All agreed this should be the subject of a formal complaint.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8:40 p.m.