Pleasant Residents Association
Minutes of meeting 11th December 2013
Present: James Pocklington, Brian Shaw, Eileen Howard, Mick Kingswood, Keith Scott, Brenda Nutt, Dave Heal, John Prior, John Hough, Liz Beadle, Neil Overton, Sarah Dodds.
Apologies: Sylvia Scott gave apologies at the previous meeting ; Di Dray for self and Gary Dray
· Minutes of the last meeting read and agreed
· Arising – future meetings might be on the other side of the Hall in a few months.
· John Prior reported on the meeting recently relating to the Cattle Market. It was notable how many developments had been absorbed into the Town since the late 1970s. If permitted, the Cattle Market would probably be developed in 2017-2018, and would take into account public consultation and the question of whether a cattle market was needed. There was a lively discussion of planning policy generally.
· Sarah Dodds reported on a recent meeting feeding back complaints of inconsistent parking enforcement to Mick Phoenix. Issues were aired about disabled bays; it was confirmed the official policy is that the rules should be enforced consistently and strictly.
· John Hough reported that Lincolnshire County Council is reviewing speed limits. There was a survey online, or a form, due in by 9th February 2014.
· Eileen Howard reported that someone had kindly filled in the holes in Watts Lane and tamped them down. Patrick reported on the letter sent to Lincolnshire County Council Legal Department, and the lack of a response.
· The Quiz Night and Social was to be held on Friday 20th December at 7.30 with a raffle.
· Discussion of road markings ensued. John Hough reported the County Council had agreed to review the whole picture.
Meeting closed at 8.30 pm approximately.
Note – added to assist members in identifying which Council to contact/discuss
The Councils do these things:-
County Council – Highways, Education, Policing, some others.
District Council – Town Planning, Arts (except possibly ELDC) Public Health, Council Tax and Business Rate Collection, Waste Collection, Licensing (drinks, entertainment), some others.
Town and Parish Councils – gathering opinion, input into local Planning Applications, vetting licensing and other matters going before District and County Councils, a deceptively important Local Government force, with additional ceremonial and granting functions.
Yrs. R. Cratchitt,
Clerk to the Association.
Happy New Year everyone!