Pleasant Residents Association
Minutes of meeting 8th January 2014
Present: Neal Overton, Kevin Scott, John Prior, Liz Beadle, Brenda Nutt, Di Dray, Gary Dray, Dave Heal, James Pocklington, Brian Shaw, Eileen Howard, Angela Stephenson, Sylvia Scott, John Hough and Patrick Purves.
Apologies: Mick Kingswood and Sarah Dodds
· Minutes of the last meeting read and agreed
· Arising – We had had a reply from Lincolnshire County Council about Watts Lane. There was a correction to Patrick’s earlier advice, as the County Council no longer directly provides policing. Their letter was inadequate to address the liability issue, and a strong reply was authorised.
· There was a discussion about the ownership of land vs rights of way over it, whether public or private.
· Buses – James reported the bus route and parking enforcement were being reviewed in the round following strong representations by the public and the Town Council.
· There was a discussion of the national and local Blue Badge disabled parking arrangements, in which the distinction between District Council owned car parks and adopted highways was highlighted.
· Those who attended the pantomime and quiz night expressed appreciation of the events.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8:20 p.m.